viernes, 21 de octubre de 2011

NICKY HOPKINS: "WAITING FOR THE BAND"

Pedida por Sergio. La intro te la debo, como tab queda intocable y para reducirla a acordes no da. Para igualar todo esto con el original, capo en 3. Hermosísima canción, un placer sacarla.





The night was |A7/Dblack, it was the blackest that I’ve |G/Dever seen
I stopped a |A7/Dstranger and |G/Dasked which way to |Dgo
He slapped me on the |A7/Dback
And then he |F#/C#laughed and then he |Bmlooked at me
|BmThen he |Bm/Asaid, Sir,
you |Bm/G#can`t get |Gmthere from |D/F#here,
no, |E7no, no, |Dno

Without a |A7/Droad I cannot make it |G/Dback to you
Without a |A7/Dlight above I |G/Dcannot find the |Dway
Turn on your |A7/Dlove light,
Let it shine like a |F#/C#peek and wait, you |Bmsee me through
|BmCause |Bm/Ababy
|Bm/G#how can |GmI be |D/F#happy |E7without |Dyou.

......|DFaster my |D7sus4heart is beating,
......|D6faster and I'm |Gm6/Dall alone
......|DStrangers are |D7sus4all around me,
......|Bmno one will tell me where to |E7find a phone
......It’s like |Csitting in the studio |G/Bwaiting for the band to |Dcome
......|A/C#Sitting in the |Cstudio |G/Bwaiting for the |Gband to |Dcome

And if the band don’t |A7/Dcome by early in the |G/Dmorning
I’ll have to |A7/Dfind a way to |G/Dhave myself sur-|Dvive
Cause if the band don’t |A7/Dshow
by |F#/C#early in the |Bmmorning
|BmThen |Bm/AI’ll be |Bm/G#over
|Gmdarling, |D/F#waiting for the |E7band to |Dcome

......|DSlower, I’m |D7sus4getting slower
......|D6I’ve heard these songs so |Gm6/Dmuch before
......|DLower, I’m |D7sus4sinking lower,
......|Bmpretty soon you’ll find me |E7on the floor
......|CUnder the piano |G/Bwaiting for the band to |Dcome
......|A/C# - C - G/B - G - D|

Instr: |A7/D - G/D| x 2 - D - A7/D
Instr: |F#/C# - Bm - Bm/A - Bm/G# - Gm - D/F# - E7 - D| 

|BmSittin’ |Gmwaitin’ |D/F#for the |E7band to |Dcome

1 comentario: