lunes, 21 de diciembre de 2009

RUFUS WAINWRIGHT: "GOING TO A TOWN"



Sin palabras. El tono original es Bbm.

Intro: |Am|

I'm |Am| going to a town that has already been burnt |D7| down
I'm |G| going to a place that has already been dis- |Cmaj7| graced
I'm |Am/F#| gonna see some folks who have already been let |B7| down
I'm so tired of A- |Em| merica |Em|

I'm |Am| gonna make it up for all of The Sunday |D7| Times
I'm |G| gonna make it up for all of the nursery |Cmja7| rhymes
They |Am/F#| never really seem to want to tell the |B7| truth
I'm so tired of you, A- |Em| merica

......Making my |Am| own way |Em| home,
......Ain't gonna |Am| be a- |Em| lone
......I've got a |Am| life to |F#| lead, A- |B7| merica

......I've got a |Am| life to lead

|Am| (Tell me) Do you really think you go to hell for having |D7| loved?
(Tell me) E- |G| nough of thinking everything that you've done is |Cmaj7| good
(I really need to know) After |Am/F#| soaking the body of Jesus Christ in |B7| blood
I'm so tired of A- |Em| merica |Em| ... (I really need to know)

I |Am| may just never see you again, or might as |D7| well
You |G| took advantage of a world that loved you |Cmaj7| well
I'm |Am/F#| going to a town that has already been burnt |B7| down
I'm so tired of you, A- |Em| merica

......Making my |Am| own way |Em| home,
......Ain't gonna |Am| be a- |Em| lone
......I've got a |Am| life to |F#| lead, A- |B7| merica

............I've got a |Am| life to |G| lead
............I got a |G| soul to |Dm| feed
............I got a |Dm| dream to |E| heed
............And that's |F| all |B7| I |Em| need*

............Making my |Am| own way |G| home,
............Ain't gonna |G| be a- |Dm| lone
............I'm going |Dm| to a |E| town
............That has |F| al- |F#| rea- |B| dy  
............|Em| been burnt down*

Una ayuda extra para la voz, que es complicada en dos partes, las marcadas con asterisco. Van las notas que canta:

La primera es:  And that's |f| all |eb| I |e| need

Y el final: That has |c| al- |bb| rea- |b| dy... |b| been |g| burnt |e| down

3 comentarios:

  1. pedazo de tema!!
    lo que me fascina de las canciones de Rufus son los coros...
    una exquisitez de cancion!
    Angel

    ResponderEliminar